Emily Ball Director & Tutor
At the studio I programme courses that specialise in showing artists the rich and diverse possibilities of drawing and painting. The tutors who teach at the studio are all practicing, professional artists with a wealth of knowledge that they like to share generously. There are also regular visiting artists giving talks about their work, practice and professional careers. We like to inspire in the following ways;
- We create exercises and processes that take away fear and creative paralysis.
- We show you ways to look and select.
- We give you the courage and creative tools to emphasise what is important to you.
- We guide you through the different stages of making a body of work.
- We encourage you to experiment and take risks with work.
- We support you to find your own visual language.
The courses on offer range from;
2 days of Inspiration or 5 days of intensive focus, painting in the Algarve or South Africa, monthly tutorials or a year long, theme led course. Many students tailor their choice of a range of courses over a year to further their own practice or develop a project. Some artists use the courses as an alternative to doing a degree or postgraduate diploma. Others just want to paint for their pleasure and enjoy the support and atmosphere of working with other artists.